Research Staff Member @ IBM Research
Cloud & Computing Infrastructure Department
Industry Platforms and Blockchain Group
Email: vukolic (a t) acm ( d0t ) org
[ News ] [ Short bio ] [ Research Interests] [ Activities ] [ Publications ]
- Understand Hyperledger Fabric architecture by reading our Eurosys 2018 systems paper. Another paper, published in DSN 2018, describes the first Byzantine fault-tolerant (BFT) ordering service for Hyperledger Fabric.
- I recently gave invited/keynote talks about Hyperledger Fabric v1 at: CUSO Doctoral Program on Blockchain and Smart Contracts , SRDS 2018, EBSIS Project Summer School on Scalability, Dependability, and Security 2018, GDR RSD and ASF Winter School on Distributed Systems and Networks 2018, TU Delft Blokchcain Lab Launch, The 7th INRIA/Technicolor Workshop on Scalable Computing , ComPAS 2017, EPFL/ETHZ Blockchain Summer School, DAIS 2017 and The First ACM Workshop on Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and Contracts (BCC'17).
I re-joined IBM Research in January 2015, as a Research Staff Member (earlier, I was also a Post-Doc and Intern in IBM). Before that, I was a faculty in EURECOM, and a visiting professor at Systems Group @ ETH Zurich.
I obtained a Doctor of Science (PhD) degree in Distributed Systems from EPFL in the Distributed Programming Laboratory (LPD) in 2008.
Before PhD, I graduated from EPFL Doctoral
School in Computer and Communication Sciences in 2003 and obtained a dipl.ing. degree in Electrical Engineering (Telecommunications) from School of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade, in 2001.
My research interests lie in the broad area of distributed systems. Some more specific topics that I am (currently) interested in include fault-tolerance, blockchain and distributed ledgers, cloud computing security and distributed storage.
I am always looking for talented students who want to do an internship or a PhD @IBM.
Current and Recent Professional Activities
- 2nd Workshop on Security & Privacy on the Blockchain (IEEE S&B 2018) (PC Member)
- 1st IEEE Workshop on Blockchain Technologies and Applications 2018 (PC Member)
- 12th Eurosys Doctoral Workshop 2018 (EuroDW'18) (PC Member)